twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thaipusam 2010

Thaipusam is dedicated to the Hindu god Murugan. It is believed on this day, Goddess Parvati presented a lance to Lord Murgan to vanquish the demon army of Tarakasura and combat their evil deeds. Therefore, Thaipusam is a celebration of the victory of good over evil.

The huge statue of Lord Muruga in Batu Cave, KL.

So far, until now, I only remembered that I have gone to Thaipusam festival for two times. The latest was last year. Yeah..last year! I'm kind of enjoying it although there was a huge mass there! I guess i'm such a "kepo" only. I love the beautiful decoration of the "panthel". Seeing everyone was drowned in the ecstasy of faith of Him.
Join the blood donation and the witness of "Journey to God" in which all the brothers and sisters brought the handicapped people to see the Lord. My hats off to U all!
Last but not least.. THe body piercing! I couldn't imagine..how they were able to do that!
This year.. I didn't go anywhere. Just prayed at home..with my kutty Muruga.

0 comments:

Post a Comment